It’s important to keep grilling fire safety tips in mind over the holiday, to avoid a disaster that can ruin your day in a flash! Most everyone is looking forward to spending time with family and friends and showing off their cooking skills on the grill over the Memorial Day Weekend. Whether you are grilling at home or at a campsite, it is important to keep Grilling Fire Safety in mind. Check out the safety tips listed below to keep you and your family safe from fire injuries or damage to your home! In the event you do experience a fire remember you can trust Sage Restoration to respond in your time of need!
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Charcoal and Propane BBQ grills should only be used outdoors and never inside your home.
- Use caution when using charcoal lighter fluid.
- Place your grill far away, at a minimum of 3 feet, from the home, deck railings and overhanging branches.
- Clean your grill regularly by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in the trays below.
- Never leave your grill unattended and keep children and pets away from grill area using a minimum of a 3-foot safe zone.
- Never throw water on a grease fire as that is very combustible and dangerous. Keep a fire extinguisher handy instead.
Never go to bed or leave your house until you are sure that the fire is completely out. Wind can also be a dangerous factor in contributing to the spread of fire. Keep a fire extinguisher handy in the event your grill does catch on fire and if you don’t have one keep baking soda or sand handy as these are effective at putting out a fire as well. Fire is one of the most devastating events that can occur to a homeowner. The effects can be costly and dangerous to the occupants of the home. Remember fire safety grilling tips can prevent a house fire!
Sage Restoration are experts in cleaning contents or homes that have experienced fire and smoke damage. Call us if you have a need for our services as we work with all insurance carriers! The Sage Team wishes everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day and want to extend a special thank you to all who have served our great country!