Mold only needs 4 things to grow: Water/High Humidity (above 50%), Temperature (68 degrees or higher) and an organic Food Source (paper, drywall, wood) and can grow in 24-72 hours. Mold can cause major damage and loss of value to a home as well as cause health concerns to its occupants.
Mold is a natural part of our environment and it is EVERYwhere, even inside of our homes. Mold becomes a concern when it is at “elevated” levels inside of a home or building and it can cause the following ailments to occupants of the property.
- Allergic reactions (most common)
- Respiratory symptoms: wheezing, cough, difficulty breathing
- Nasal & sinus congestion
- Nose & throat irritation
- Eyes: burning sensation, watering, reddened, blurry vision, light sensitivity
Disadvantages to not taking action in remediation of mold!
- Can scare potential buyers away
- Mold will continue to grow and cause damage to the home over time which can greatly increase costly repairs and reduce the value over time
- Cross contamination can occur to other areas of the home including the HVAC and air duct system
- Contributes to an overall unhealthy home environment for occupants of the home.
Advantages to being proactive with mold growth!
- Adds value to the property because it now has a clean bill of health. We verify this with a post clearance test or mold certification letter from the mold contractor.
- Our services add value to properties which increase the listing prices. The properties, in turn, sell quicker instead of staying listed for months at a time. This can result in having to reduce the listing price because there are unresolved issues with the property.
Don’t let mold scare you away from a listing:
- Mold can be remediated quickly and cost efficiently. The cost varies on average from $300.00-$2500.00 and Sage Restoration will accept payment out of title closing proceeds! This helps reduce out of pocket expenses!
- Remediation gives the home a clean bill of health thus increases value and ability to sell quickly versus sitting on the market for months or giving the buyer more negotiating power!
- Sage Restoration hasn’t had a home yet that they haven’t been able to fix! In fact the average time it takes for us to finish a mold remediation is only 2 -5 days!
- Sage Restoration provides quick and efficient service to get your deal closed as quickly as possible. We jump through hoops to get you to the closing table!
- Sage Restoration has literally helped hundreds of realtors close more deals every year!
For more information on how we can help you sell an ‘unsellable’ home, contact us today!